I want to thank everyone for their generosity, thoughts, prayers, and well wishes.
We made our goal of making the rent due on the 5th and are about 1/2 way to what we need to pay on the 20th.
We could not have done it without all of you. I am so grateful.
Our yard sale didn’t go too badly considering that it was a holiday weekend, though we won’t be doing it on a Sunday again.
We still have about 200-250 DVDs we are trying to liquidate. If anyone is interested I can send you a list. (I have a spreadsheet on my computer with the movies in it. Remember, I’m an organized messy person.) I can ship them media mail, which is a bit cheaper than parcel post. We were selling them at 2/$5 or $3 each at the yard sale. If they bought more than 10 we sold them for $2 each. They are mostly action, drama, thriller, chick flick, and comedies.
I’m going through more boxes and sorting/purging so we can attempt another yard sale on the 16th and 17th.
Any items listed in the previous post that are not marked “sold” across the photo are still available.
Shawn looks on Craigslist for jobs every morning. Every morning he emails his resume to as many as he can find. He gets at least one call back a day.
He’s waiting for an application to come via snail mail. It’s a seasonal job in Oregon. Driving a potato truck. He’ll live on sight for the duration of the picking season.
He’s going to keep looking until he has something.
I had my appointment with my new Dr today. It went well. She took what I said seriously, but was a little shocked by my bluntness.
I don’t see the point in beating around the bush. Something is wrong. I’m in pain. I want to know why. Hemming and hawing over a question because it’s embarrassing doesn’t help anything.
Things we discussed:
1. Where the pain in my abdomen was and what it felt like. Upper abdomen, pulling sensation. Lower abdomen feels like when I went into pre-term labor and couldn’t sit upright. If I put my hand on my right hip I have sharp pain where my middle finger touches.
2. Constipation or diarrhea: both. I’m on one end of the extreme or the other. It really sucks when I’m on one particular end in particular.
3. Menstrual cycle: Regular because I’m medicated. Every 14-17 days when I’m not. Normal for me requires “heavy” feminine equipment.
4. Pain during intercourse: If I can get into a position, I’ve tried it. They all cause pain. I have a dropped cervix.
5. Possible heavy metal poisoning – We know the well water where we were living contained high amounts of sulfur. Who knows what else was in it. It wasn’t tested on a regular basis.
6. Food allergies – to be conducted later. She wants to rule out anything more severe first. Other things could come back as the same as an allergy.
7. Medications – She knows I stopped them a month ago when I started getting really sick. She has prescribed Zofran for the nausea. Once the nausea goes away I’m to start adding my meds back in. Starting with the omeprazole. She’s hoping that by the time I come back I’ll be back on all my meds and we can discuss changing them.
She also asked if I had ever had a upper pr lower GI done. No, I haven’t.
She has signed me up for a slew of tests.
Things I’m being tested for:
Hypokalemia – Low Potassium (my potassium levels were low in the blood panel the ER Dr had sent out.)
Elevated Liver Enzymes (I think that’s what it is called): I am undergoing further testing for this, because my liver is enlarged. Liver Function Tests.
Amylase – Checks for pancreatitis.
Lipase – Checks for pancreatitis, cystic fibrosis, and celiac disease.
Magnesium – Checking for diabetes (possibly, she didn’t mention it directly)
Phosphorus – Checking for diabetes (possibly, she didn’t mention it directly)
Ferritin – part of checking the anemia.
Iron/TIBC – First time I’ve been anemic in years. Checks for liver disease.
CA-125 – My cancer markers came back slightly elevated in 2009 (39 is normal I was at 42) so we are checking them again, especially since I have a lesion on my ovary. She’s alos checking my tumor markers.
Pelvic Ultrasound (Uterus and Ovaries) – I have a lesion on my right ovary. This is to get a better look at it.
Stool sample – checking for blood in my stool.
Things that have been ruled out:
Hepatitis C – It came back negative from the ER blood panel.
So far that’s it.
I’m praying, but I’m not panicking.
When she said that there was a lesion on my ovary I actually said, “it’s about time.” I have had too many tests over too many years that showed something the forst time and it was gone a week later.
I go back on the 15th. Hopefully she will have a few answers for me.