I had nothing to do tonight, besides study for two tests tomorrow, so I thought it would be fun to let the girls start on their Valentine’s Day card/craft.
It went over pretty well, even Suki managed not to freak out.
Here’s what you’ll need (With whereI bought my supplies in parenthesis):
1. Valentine cards (We used Brenda’s cards from the last four years.)
2. Mini craft sticks (Walmart)
3. Mini wooden clothes pins (Walmart)
4. Magnetic tape (Walmart) You could also use the round magnets but I found this to be more cost effective for the amount we were making.
5. Goody clear hair elastics (Walmart)
6. Foam Conversation Heart Stickers (Walmart)
7. Boxed conversation Hearts, or Jelly Belly Conversation Beans in our case
9. Glue gun and sticks, or white glue if working with small kids. Though I’m not sure how well the magnet will stay attached to the craft stick with white glue.
10. Markers, pens, glitter, or anything you want to personalize your cards
Gather up your supplies and place them in containers that are easy to reach into.
1. Cut magnetic tape into 1″-1 1/4″ long pieces, then cut each piece into thirds.
2. Remove paper backing from one piece of magnet, place glue on the sticky side of magnet and attach to craft stick. (This will be the bottom back side of the craft stick.)
3. Glue the clothes pin on the top front of the craft stick. (Ignore my photo, I glued it in the wrong spot. I know, I know, I know, I should have taken another photo, but I didn’t.) The clothes pin should be orientated so that the pinch-y part faces up.
4. Glue your conversation heart to the craft stick. We chose not to peel off the paper backing. Originally we were going to peel the backing off, glue it to the stick, and then cover the exposed sticky side in glitter. I decided not to due to how close it was to bedtime when we started.
Decorate your hearts or personalize them to your hearts content.
5. Place hair elastic around box of conversation hearts candy and slip the craft stick underneath.
6. Place valentine card in the clothes pin and your done!